ADSM-L

ADSM on NT skipping a disk

2015-10-04 18:00:06
Subject: ADSM on NT skipping a disk
From: owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/30/98 8:19AM
Can I assume this is a V3 client?

There is a reported bug in the V3 Level 1 client that seems to match yo=
ur
problem - The scheduler log only reports in Quiet mode.  Thus it looks =
as
though the drive is skipped, but in fact, it just doesn't tell you that=
 it
did anything.  The C: drive generally gets a message something like
"incremental complete for c: with errors...." having to do with the
NTUSER.DAT, etc.  The D: drive, if there are no error messages, does no=
t get
the same completion message, because it had no errors.

Check the status at the end of the backup.... does it inspect the corre=
ct
number of files for the machine?

This problem (IC19507) is included in the "fixed" section of the level =
3
client.  I have just downloaded the client and installed it, so hopeful=
ly,
when my scheduled backup runs tomorrow, I'll be able to say this has be=
en
fixed  :-)

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

______________________________ Forward Header _________________________=
_________
Author:  owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
Date:    3/30/98 8:19 AM

Hi ADSM-ers!
I have a NT server with 2 drives: C: and D:, both labelled.
When I issue a DSMC i to start an incremental, both disks are backed up=
.
When an incremental is started through the scheduler only disk C: is ba=
cked up.
No errors can be found in the DSMSCHED.LOG or the DSMERROR.LOG and no o=
ption
file overruling is done. Anybody seen this before?? Thanks for your rep=
ly in
advance!! Kindest regards, Eric van Loon

=