ADSM-L

ADSM on NT skipping a disk, output to schedlog suppressed

1998-03-30 14:49:25
Subject: ADSM on NT skipping a disk, output to schedlog suppressed
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:49:25 -0500
This indeed is a bug and is fixed in client ptf 3. I mistakenly made the
default msgmode for client service QUIET instead of VERBOSE with the intention
of avoiding offline media aborts from the server without realizing that QUIET
also suppressed output to the schedule log. In the future we are hoping to
implement a non-interactive type of mode which will optimize running clients in
the background (such as the scheduler service) without disabling key reporting
functions such as writing to the schedule log.

Also, just to clarify (I'm guessing most users already know this) ntuser.dat is
the current user profile and cannot be backed up directly (it is in use by the
system) but will be backed up as part of the registry. Since in most cases the
service is run under the local system account (which is non-interactive, i.e.
no desktop settings, etc.) there really isn't much to backup anyhow.

So this file may be safely excluded.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM NT Client Development