ADSM-L

Re: ADSM accounting file

1998-03-30 11:52:03
Subject: Re: ADSM accounting file
From: "Rushton, John D" <john.d.rushton AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:52:03 -0500
Trevor,
What I do is make a copy of the dsmaccnt.log file (I don't know what kind of
platform you are on, but if you were on an AIX platform, you could issue a
grep command for, say the string ADSM,03/ to get the Mar records) for a
particular month and then go in with vi and delete the records that I have
copied out.   If you do this while session activity is low, you will be in
good shape - maybe miss the occasional session while you are vi'ing the file
<G>.

Once you've pruned the dsmaccnt.log, then you could go through with ADSM and
archive that file with the -deletefile option to clean up the space on
/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin (or if you're using HSM, selectively migrate that file
to ADSM).

It would be nice to have ADSM support an automatic pruning of dsmaccnt.log
to a second file (like can be done for the dsmsched.log file) in a future
release.

It would also be interesting to see what type of reports people have
actually produced using the dsmaccnt.log data...

John Rushton
Lockheed Martin M&DS