ADSM-L

Re: AIX server is also a client

1998-03-27 20:27:25
Subject: Re: AIX server is also a client
From: Alan Hamilton <alanh AT PRIMENET DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:27:25 -0700
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Lynch, Rich wrote:

> I believe it just uses the TCPIP stack, since its on the same host it would
> be like pinging localhost, ie just pinging the interface, not going out to
> the network.

If you're using the AIX server and client, you can use COMMethod
SHAREdmem, and bypass the TCP/IP stack altogether (you need to be at the
latest PTF levels for the client and server).  See
/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/README for the settings.  You need to modify the config
files for both the client and server, and restart the server.

The main catch is that the user running the client has to run as root for
this to work.