ADSM-L

Re: 3570 CHECKIN LIBVOLUME

1998-03-27 17:33:17
Subject: Re: 3570 CHECKIN LIBVOLUME
From: "Frank M. Ramaekers Jr." <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:33:17 -0600
Chuck and whoever else may be concerned:

Here's what I did:

1)  All my volumes are scratches.

2)  BACKUP DB can pull any volume from the library (since they are all
scratches).

3)  Do NOT "DEFINE VOLUME pool volser",  instead change the filepool
parameter "MAXSCRATCH" to something above 0 (which is the default), then a
migrate will pull tapes from the library.

Later,

At 03:11 PM 3/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Help ADSM List,
>
>I helped Frank, but I'm not too far ahead of him so I have the same
>question:
>
>Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Frank!
>> >
>> >You need to add the volumes into your storage pool.
>> >PS I'm sending this direct because of the posting delay in the list...
>> >
>> Thanks for the response!
>>
>> But, the only way I see to add volumes to the storage pool is:
>>
>> define volume {poolname} {volume}
>>
>> (one at a time for the entire library)
>>
>> Is there a better way?  Should I leave some of them out of the storage pool
>> for DB BACKUP?

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390