ADSM-L

ADSM Schedular Service for NT

1998-03-26 17:13:44
Subject: ADSM Schedular Service for NT
From: Shane Smith <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:13:44 +1000
hi.. me again..

i still have no luck in getting adsm to backup automatically an nt client which
is
running the adsm schedular service. i have started the adsm schedular service
automatically. it starts  fine - no errors. i set the schedular service to be
run
under the local admin (system account) of the nt client. we  can run a manual
backup
from the nt client to the adsm server, and alos can run remote adsm admin from
the
client - which rules out comms problems.

my adsm server (nt also, running adsm v2.1.06) shows the nt-client backup as
pending. but after the expiration (set to 1 hour), the server says it missed the
backup.

what is the problem here? my adsm setup is working like a charm for our notes
and
os/2 clients, but i just cannot get the nt clients to run. due to our
techo-security-mad-dog-audit-freaks i am only permitted to run adsm on our nt
machines as a service. the service runs, but nothing happens.

please.. please...  what am i doing wrong. have i setup the adsm client options
incorrectly? is it an nt thing with permissions on who can run the service? does
adsm v2.1.06 client not work properly when setting up the adsm schedular
service?

any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

shane the desparate :)