ADSM-L

mfc42.dll - where does it come from?

1998-03-26 16:16:26
Subject: mfc42.dll - where does it come from?
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:16:26 -0500
>There was some talk a long time ago about having one copy of ADSM code
>installed on the server, and then having each user use that copy instead of
>installing it on each individual machine.  Each customer would obviously need
>to have his own DSM.OPT, but the rest is shared in typical server based
>product fashion.  Is this still a supported method of running ADSM under V3?

I'm a bit leary about making a recommendation for the
environment you suggest, Jerry.  Without an install, ADSM
cannot guarantee that the requisite DLLs at the required
minimum level are available on the machine in the appropriate
directory. The product installation registry entries are not
created either, if you just run a copied or shared installation
in the environment you describe.

It may be possible to run with the DLLs in the
same directory as the client executables, but that's not
something I've tested.

Regards,

Mike Dile
IBM Storage Systems Division