ADSM-L

Re: Urgent V3/inactive ?

1998-03-26 11:02:54
Subject: Re: Urgent V3/inactive ?
From: Klaus Dilper <Klaus.Dilper AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:02:54 -0500
On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:46:27 -0600, Moir,Betsy wrote:

>I know I've seen mention of inactive files not being restorable with V3 from
>a V2 server, but I thought it was regarding webshell usage.
>
>Can I restore inactive files using a V3 Windows95 client and a V2 VM server?
>
>I've been searching through the archives on this and haven't found the answer
>and I've got a meeting today to cover the possible upgrade to V3 on the
>Windows 95 workstation and I don't seem to be able to even display inactive
>files let alone restore them.
>
>Thanks for your help.

I can not confirm this for OS/2 V3 client and AIX V2 server. It works
pretty well.

Klaus
Klaus Dilper
Klaus Dilper
University of Karlsruhe
Computing Centre
InterNet: Klaus.Dilper AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
VoiceNet: +49-721-608-4040
FaxNet  : +49-721-32550
SnailNet: Box 6980, D-76128 Karlsruhe, Germany