ADSM-L

Solaris 2.6 client

2015-10-04 18:00:06
Subject: Solaris 2.6 client
From: owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/25/98 1:59PM
If you don't want to wait until the V3 client is out, we have been using the
last V2 client (Level 7?) on our 2.6 machines.  We have not had any problems
reported.  To install it you need to modify the install script and remove the
check for the 2.5 release level.  I am not a Sun guru; I am not sure exactly
what to do - we got the info from the list Archive - I think it was discussed
about last November.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
Date:    3/25/98 1:59 PM

Were  are running ADSM V2, soon to be V3 on OS/390 and have a customer with
a Sun machine  running Solaris 2.6.  I've been told that the V3 Solaris 2.6
client won't be out until and of May '98.
Silly question but can and earlier V2 or V3 Solaris ADSM client, Solaris
2.5.1 perhaps, be used safely/reliably/at all, to backup a V2.6 Solaris
machine? If not what are some of you doing for
backup until the ADSM client is available?  My customer was suprised ADSM
didn't have a client
since Solaris 2.6 has been out for a year or so.(don't know If that's true
or not).

Thanks,
Jeff Connor
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp