ADSM-L

NT Services ADSM 2.1

2015-10-04 18:00:06
Subject: NT Services ADSM 2.1
From: owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/24/98 11:18PM
Dumb answer (only because I have done this myself) - did you actually start the
service after you installed it?  You must either go to the services control
panel and select start, or reboot the machine (ugh!).

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
Date:    3/24/98 11:18 PM

hi

i installed adsm baclient version 2, release1, level 0.6 onto an nt client. the
nt client is running nt 4.0, with service pack3 - the hardware is a 133mhz
pentium pcserver320 with 6g raid disk and 32m of ram.

we need to have adsm running as a server service in this machine. i set it up by

using dsmcsvci and it seemed
okay. however, my adsm server just goes "pending" when it tries to contact the
client. i did a manual backup
from the client to ensure my comms are okay - it backed up fine.

i ran the adsm service on the client as an administrator, tried it logged on,
and i tried it logged off but it made no difference. is there a permission thing

i got to setup on nt to allow the adsm service to run properly, or is it a
problem with adsm2.1, or nt, or me.. or maybe excessive sunspot activity?

pls help me. any ideas?

shane smith