ADSM-L

mcf42.dll - where does it come from?

1998-03-25 08:40:49
Subject: mcf42.dll - where does it come from?
From: "Moir,Betsy" <Betsy.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 07:40:49 -0600
A client of mine recently pulled down ADSM V3 Client for Windows to an NT 4.0
server.  She ran the unpacksb.bat and then ran setup and installed the
software on a drive on her server.  She then spent the day setting up her own
machine to run the client from the server and everything was fine.

She then ran setup again and installed it on a different drive on the same NT
server that was set up for her specifically for this purpose.   Everything on
her machine ran fine.

She then set up the other workstations in her area to access ADSM on the
server.  Some of the workstations gave her an error because she didn't have
mfc42.dll installed anywhere.  Further investigation showed that the
workstations that worked (hers included) had this file on their workstations
in the Windows95\System subdirectory, but the ones that didn't work didn't
have this file on their workstations.  When she copied mfc42.dll onto their
hard drives, everything worked fine.

Does this file have to be present on the workstations themselves?  I'm
assuming ADSM doesn't load this onto their workstations.  Is there something
we should be doing differently in the setup process?  Should I tell her she's
going to have to copy this file to any workstations that don't already have
it?

As always, thanks for your help.