ADSM-L

Checking Data Base backup tapes

1998-03-24 02:41:31
Subject: Checking Data Base backup tapes
From: "Cohn, Grant" <Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:41:31 +0200
Greetings

We do a full ADSM database backup every day. (backup db devc=dev3570-1
type=full).
I check the logs and can always see the progress of the backup and the
summary of how many pages have been backed up. (....and assume that the
backup has worked!)

Is there any way that one can do a read back or at least check that the
tape is indeed being written to?
AUDIT VOLUME will not work as it is not defined as a ADSM volume.

(Does an IBM 3570 tape system do a read-after-write check??)

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Grant Cohn.

Shell & BP South African Petroleum Refineries (PTY) Ltd.
Durban
South Africa
grant.cohn AT sapref DOT com