ADSM-L

Re: Automatic notification for ADSM

1998-03-23 14:50:01
Subject: Re: Automatic notification for ADSM
From: "L. Scott Emmons" <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:50:01 -0800
John W. Stephens [SMTP:John_W_Stephens AT NOTES.PW DOT COM] wrote:
> Is anyone aware of any kind of automatic notifications for missed
backups,
> etc...within ADSM.
> How about notifications either by pager or Email , I am using version 3
> (server and client) and this would be a big plus for the Customer if it
is
> workable.

I wrote some simple perl scripts to do this, as well as automatically
ejecting full OFFSITE stgpool volumes from our 3494 library. I'd be happy
to share them with anyone who'd like to play with them. The usual
disclaimer applies...

Thanks,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|   Special Projects, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's