ADSM-L

Re: Any Ultrix clients out there?

1998-03-23 13:45:46
Subject: Re: Any Ultrix clients out there?
From: "Eliza.Lau AT vt DOT edu" <LAU AT VTCC1.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 13:45:46 -0500
>You need to start the command line interface  "DSMC" or the scheduler
>"DSMC SCHED" in manually once, so it will prompt for the password.  It
>will then create the password file and store it.  Following this
>procedure, the scheduler will find the stored password, using the
>generate option.

Please reread my post.  I did 'dsmc' several times and the password is being
stored in /etc/adsm.  However, 'dsmc' still wants the password the next time
I run it.  I have reported this to IBM and have talked to two Level 1 people.
They didn't have a clue.  I am still waiting for Level 2 to call back.  I am
just wondering if this is a bug in the Ultrix client.  I have no problems
with SUN, AIX, and NT clients.

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                 email   : eliza.lau AT vt DOT
edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                            Voice   : (540) 231-9399