ADSM-L

Any Ultrix clients out there?

1998-03-23 11:29:17
Subject: Any Ultrix clients out there?
From: "Eliza.Lau AT vt DOT edu" <LAU AT VTCC1.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:29:17 -0500
I installed my first Ultrix client last week but couldn't get it to work.
There are two outstanding problems.  Password is set to generate, but dsmc
keeps asking for  the password.   The password file is in /etc/adsm, and it
is being updated every time I reenter the password.  The second problem is
with the file systems.  Please see below.  /home is just a regular unix
filesystem.  I don't know what's wrong with it.  I get the same error message
with all the filesystems on this machine.  Does anyone have an Ultrix client
running sucessfully?

server 2.1.0.13 running on AIX 4.1.5
client 2.1.0.8  running on Ultrix 4.4

# dsmc incr /home
# dsmc incr /home
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.8
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1997, All Rights Reserved.

ANS4928E PASSWORDACCESS is GENERATE, but password needed for server 'ADSM'.
Either the password is not stored locally, or it was changed at the server.
Please enter password for node "VTSERF.CC.VT.EDU":

Session established with server ADSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.13
  Server date/time: 03/23/1998 11:09:29   Last access: 03/23/1998 11:07:08

Incremental backup of file system: '/home'
ANS4266E Encountered bad mount or filesystem, processing stopped.

# ls -l /etc/adsm
total 1
-rw-------  1 root           81 Mar 23 11:16 ADSM
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                 email   : eliza.lau AT vt DOT
edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                            Voice   : (540) 231-9399