ADSM-L

Check of Backups with the Lotus Notes Connect Agent

1998-03-20 05:14:39
Subject: Check of Backups with the Lotus Notes Connect Agent
From: Ingo Steller <Ingo.Steller AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:14:39 +0100
Hi,

a customer of ours backups 70 Lotus Notes Server running on OS/2 using the
Lotus Notes Connect Agent in Version 2.1. The ADSM Server is a AIX maschine
running also version 2 of the ADSM Server software.

Now, I have the following problem. All Lotus Notes Databases appear in the
filespace overview on the server (q filespace f=d) with a size and
utilization of 0 and also do not have backup start and end times. I think
this happens due to the client initiated way of the backups with the
Connect Agent. The problem is now how I can check if the backup has happend
without checking the 70 logfiles on the OS/2 servers every morning?

I schedule the backups with a script containing the 'dsmnotes incr' command
on the OS/2 server which is started using the POSTSCHEDULECMD Option from
the ADSM Client. That way the Note Backups are running immediately after
the scheduled filesystem backup.

How do other people solve this problem?

     Regards, Ingo.

Gruesse - Best regards

Ingo Steller
CompuNet Essen

Severinstrasse 42, 45127 Essen, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)201/2012-291, Fax: +49 (0)201/2012-230,
Internet: ingo.steller AT gecits-eu DOT com