ADSM-L

NT & ADSM Backups

1998-03-20 01:19:00
Subject: NT & ADSM Backups
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:19:00 +0200
Hi, my customer is receiving errors when they backup their NT machine with
ADSM.......
many files are skipped due to "access permissions" ...particularly the
*.EDB (MS Exchange DB's).
Eventhough the COPYG serialization is set to SHARED DYNAMIC and the ADSM
backups run as
highest NT administration authority. MS Exchange is up and running during
these backups...is that maybe the problem. I have reckoned that once
authorities is right and serialization set correctly then any open file is
backed up. Any suggestions? I have seen questions about NT permissions
somewhere but cannot find them. The customer claims that they are on the
latest NT patches.

Campbell Esplin