ADSM-L

Re: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer p

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: Re: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer p
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/19/98 7:51AM
If I archive a file for 30 days today, then reset the Archive copygroup, to 5
days, then the retention on the file will be changed to 5 days - I agree with
you there.  But if you archive the file to one Archive copygroup (with a 30
day retention), and then archive the file the next day to a different class,
then the original file is unchanged.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/19/98 7:51 AM

Hi Stefaan!
That's not true. This was discussed here about a month ago. When you archive a
file with a 30 day retention and you archive the file
 again the next day with a 5 day retention managamentclass, all previous archive

versions will be rebound to the last used archive m anagement class and thus
stored for 5 days. Kindest regards, Eric van Loon