ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Eric,

When your are using ARCHIVE each copy of the file will be saved as an unique file with its own expiration date. Thus when you archive on a daily basis with a retention of 5 days and once a month with a retention of 365 days the monthly archive will always be kept for 365 days.

The rebinding is only taking place when you use ADSM's BACKUP function (selective or incremental).

Regards,

Stefaan.

Eric van Loon wrote:

Hi ADSM-ers!
I have a customer with the following requirements: He wants an incremental backup taken every day. The databases on the client are archived (through the database utilities) to ADSM daily. One time each month he wants to have the archive version kept for a longer period than the standard archive retention. Since this archive is from the same databases I cannot use different archive management classes (the next archive would rebind the files to the standard retention). How should I implement this?
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon