ADSM-L

How to store certain file backup versions for a longer period of time?

1998-03-19 05:57:49
Subject: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer period of time?
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:57:49 +-100
Hi ADSM-ers!
I have a customer with the following requirements: He wants an incremental
backup taken every day. The databases on the client are archived (through the
database utilities) to ADSM daily. One time each month he wants to have the
archive version kept for a longer period than the standard archive retention.
Since this archive is from the same databases I cannot use different archive
management classes (the next archive would rebind the files to the standard
retention). How should I implement this?
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon