ADSM-L

Copy Storage Pools And Reclamation

1998-03-18 17:25:15
Subject: Copy Storage Pools And Reclamation
From: Kevin Litz <kevin.litz AT CITICORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:25:15 -0600
Greetings all,

I could thrash this all through, but I'm betting that it's been solved
in some way already.

Particulars:
ADSM SERVER V3.1 on AIX 4.2
AIX Clients @ level 2
Primary Storage Pool(s) reside in a 3995 Optical Library
Company wants daily offsite copies; this means backing up the primary
pool(s) to copy pools in an Exabyte 10-e 8mm (5Gb) stacker.

What's the best way to reclaim the data on these volumes?  I've been
screaming for extra tapes for weeks, to no avail.  The unit has a single
drive so reclamation isn't really feasible.  I can't assign a
reclaimstgpool to a copy storage pool.

Should I just "del vol discarddata=yes" for each volume each week (or
so) and then redefine?

Advice and wisdom appreciated as always,
--
Kevin Litz  (--> kevin.litz AT citibank DOT com <--)
Kevin Litz  (--> kevin.litz AT citibank DOT com <--)