ADSM-L

Re: Compressalways option for V3 client

1998-03-18 00:36:01
Subject: Re: Compressalways option for V3 client
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:36:01 -0600
That makes sense, thanks!!

Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU on 03/17/98 10:57:39 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Julie Phinney/Green Bay/Humana)

Hi Julie,
If you have COMPRESSION disabled, COMPRESSALWAYS is meaningless. With
COMPRESSALWAYS (and COMPRESSION) enabled, all it means is that, should
the file grow during compression, the compressed file should be sent
anyway, rather than send the uncompressed file.
While I haven't tested it, I wouldn't think that there would be any
difference in compression speed between V2 and V3. We also run with
compression disabled, and have no plans to change.

Trevor