ADSM-L

Restrict Access

1998-03-17 16:44:43
Subject: Restrict Access
From: Paul Sales <TEXROX AT UVVM.UVIC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:44:43 PST
   Is there any way to restrict access to the ADSM server by say an
IP address.  We have closed registration, but some of our clients are
concerned that someone may discover their node name and password and access
their files from a different host.  Is this a concern to anyone else?

   Another security issue is that we would an administrator with policy
priveledges to be able to add clients but not to have the ability to
change a clients password.  Our help desk will be responsible for seting
up new clients.  The clients are concerned that the policy administrator
has the ability to change their password and hence has access to their files.
Again, is this a concern to others?