ADSM-L

Restore file from old backup to new client

1998-03-13 10:02:36
Subject: Restore file from old backup to new client
From: Nancy Stevens <Nancy_C_Stevens AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:02:36 -0500
Hi, all.  We need some help restoring a file from an old Netware client
backup (let's call it NWOLD) to a different Netware client (let's call it
NWNEW).  Here's the scenario.  We took the old Netware client off-line
about a year ago, but backed it up with ADSM before we took it away.  Now,
they have discovered that they need a particular directory from the old one
restored.  I can do a "query filespace" on the old client and it appears
that the data is still there.  The question is how to get it back.  From
what I've read it appears that NWNEW needs to be given access to the NWOLD
backups in order for NWNEW  to be able to restore from the backups, but
that can only be done by issuing the "set access" command from the NWOLD
id.  Since the NWOLD machine no longer exists, how do we logon to the NWOLD
id in order to give the NWNEW id access?

I'm getting the digest, so if you could mail your response directly to me
at "nsteven5 AT csc DOT com"  then I will get it quicker.

Thanks,
Nancy