ADSM-L

V2 -> V3 Upgrade on AIX

1998-03-12 12:39:27
Subject: V2 -> V3 Upgrade on AIX
From: Kevin Litz <kevin.litz AT CITICORP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:39:27 -0600
Greetings all,

(First, thanks to all the responses re: incremental backups and
filespace (filesystem) nomenclature.  Using the VIRTUALMount option
solved my problems.)

Any "undocumented features" ("biters") in the upgrade path from V2 to V3
on AIX?  This is getting close for me, and if I can benefit from the
experience of others it's always welcome.

Also, re: licensing.  The docs mention unlicensing the product and then
relicensing the new version, if I read it correctly.  Does that mean
entering in the big ol' numbers again?  I'm not sure where they've been
stored ... can I get the machine to give them to me, or are they
somewhere in (more-or-less) plain text?

I'm told a question is only stupid if you don't ask it, so ... I'm
asking.

Thanks,
--
Kevin Litz  (--> kevin.litz AT citibank DOT com <--)
Kevin Litz  (--> kevin.litz AT citibank DOT com <--)