ADSM-L

MAC Environment

1998-03-11 13:23:49
Subject: MAC Environment
From: Cynthia Mangan <manganc AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:23:49 -0500
Dear ADSM users:

I currently use (or more specifically am "trying to use") the ADSM version
2.1.1 on a PowerMac 6100. I'm trying to do a complete harddrive restore.

When I try to do a total restore, I get the message to increase the
partition size of the ADSM application which I've increased to 10000 k's
with no luck because it just keeps running out of memory (this amount is
absurd as I use ADSM on another machine with far more data and ADSM's
memory is only set at 3000).

When I try to do even a restor by "folder" or "file," I get two different
messages depending on how I ask it to restore:

1) "folder restored to its original location" gives me the message ANS6603E
Error Creating Folder Structure

2) "folder restored to a location manually chosen" on my hard drive gives
me the message "Client aborted transaction" upon which the application
quits.

I have the "preference" file in the ADSM folder and not the system folder
in  which I have tried putting it but to no avail.

Any thoughts, hints or suggestions would be most appreciated as I've
expended many hours trying to figure this one out.

Many thanks.
Cynthia Mangan
Continuing Education, Faculty of Health Sciences
Queen's University
Ph (613) 545-6000 Ext. 7621
Fax(613 )545-6642