ADSM-L

Re: Tape robots for small ADSM NT server environment

1998-03-10 08:48:28
Subject: Re: Tape robots for small ADSM NT server environment
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:48:28 -0500
Walter,
We use STK 9730's . They are rackmountable, provided your rack is deep
enough. They hold up to 29 DLT IV tapes (20/40 GB) and one cleaning
tape. We have two DLT 4000 drives
although it can handle up to four. The Fourth DLT drive renders the tape
capacity at 27 DLT IV's and one cleaning tape.
These are pretty nice little machines although STK did have to modify
the code for them since IBM has not yet provided device driver support
for them. They are expected to do
so this spring. Until they do we use a modified code from a STK 9710.

Here is the web site for STK:
http://www.storagetek.com/StorageTek/hardware/tape/9730/

Good Luck -
CR