ADSM-L

Tape Drive Status

1998-03-09 20:09:45
Subject: Tape Drive Status
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 20:09:45 EST
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Monday, 9 March 1998 21:02, Oliver Rautenberg asked:

>Is it possible to get the status from the adsm commandline Interface
>about a drive that has been set "unavailable" by the libraray manager.

One option that might help is the SHOW LIBRARY command.  This is
undocumented, unsupported, and intended for use by ADSM developers.
It is hard to read, but can be useful for certain drive problems.
I have enclosed an excerpt from a posting by Craig Bell that is the
only explanation of the command I have seen.

        Mike (Just another user, not ADSM support) Knight
On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:53:58 -0400, Craig Bell added the following about
On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:53:58 -0400, Craig Bell added the following about
              "Sharing of IBM3590 tape drives between two ADSM Servers"