ADSM-L

Re: Data Base Reduction assistance required.... :-(

1998-03-09 17:58:01
Subject: Re: Data Base Reduction assistance required.... :-(
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:58:01 +1000
Hi Jerry,

The simple answer is that you can't do it without doing a database dump
and load. That's the bad news. The goods news is that with a database
with so little in it, the dump and load shouldn't take very long. I was
faced with having to do this to reduce a 12GB database to 8GB, but in
the time I thought about, the database usage grew so much that I decided
to leave it at 12 GB.

Trevor