ADSM-L

Simultaneous client sessions parameter not working

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: Simultaneous client sessions parameter not working
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/6/98 1:21PM
We have it set at 25 also, with 60% as a threshold, and I have, on occasion,
seen messages indicating that I was at that threshold (15 - sessions were
deferred).

Are you running in prompted mode, or in polling?   Most of our clients run
polling, but I have noticed that the few that do run in prompted do not
always kick off at the time the window opens.  That would imply that there is
some sort of limit being hit internally - which perhaps is what you are
seeing.  Maybe IBM could comment?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/6/98 1:21 PM

Has anyone had problems with ADSM in regards to the Maximum simultaneous
client sessions not being reached.
We have the following settings:
Maximum simultaneous client  is 25
Maximum session allowed for scheduled operations is 90%

We only see about 1/3 of the client contacted, about 7.

the platform is NT 4.0 sp3
ADSM version 2.1 ptf 4

TIA
CR