ADSM-L

strange TCP/IP err on Novell

1998-03-09 06:49:18
Subject: strange TCP/IP err on Novell
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew.Warren AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:49:18 -0000
Hello all,

        I am new to using the ADSM client on Novell platforms, 3.1x and
have a strange problem.
        The Novell server can ping the ADSM box, & the ADSM box can ping
the Novell server but whenever DSMC tries to connect with the ADSM box
it returns the TCP/IP connection failure below:

TcpOpen: TCP/IP error connecting to server.
sessOpen: Failure in communications open call. rc: -50

        I have checked dsm.opt etc.. and I was wondering if anyone had
seen anything similar or if there are any peculiarities of setting up &
using the DSMC client on Novell 3.1x that could explain it.

Thanks,

Matthew Warren,
ADSM(FAB) & Unix support.
        HOIST : Head Office Infrastructure Support Team.
        Marks & Spencer PLC
        Michael House
        Baker Street
        London.

        Tel: 01712681522
        Mail: matthew.warren AT marks-and-spencer DOT com