ADSM-L

Re: List status and other stuff

1998-03-03 10:37:12
Subject: Re: List status and other stuff
From: "Moir,Betsy" <Betsy.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:37:12 -0600
I can't make the case that our shop will no longer be using IBM products if
we can't get a V3 server for ADSM on VM, but I can say that ADSM is one of
the few remaining reasons for our keeping our VM machine alive, and if IBM
isn't going to support ADSM on VM we will be forced to move it to another
platform.  ADSM is a rapidly growing product at our company, and it's use is
becoming more wide-spread by the week.  We need to be able to offer our
customers the best of it.

I also was at SHARE this past week, and although there are some very "vocal"
advocates for VM in general and ADSM on VM in particular out there, for our
shop, IBM's recognition of the need to support and promote ADSM on VM isn't
going to come soon enough.  SHARE left me with the strong feeling that there
was no plan to get ADSM/VM up to version 3 in the near future.  My first
loyalty is to ADSM - my *second* to VM -  and I'm going to have to recommend
moving the ADSM server to another platform.

My two cents' worth . . . . . . it doesn't feel like it's going to make any
difference to IBM, but at least it should go on record.  Thanks for giving me
the vehicle to tell IBM one more time.