ADSM-L

Re: offsite copypool and DRM

1998-03-02 12:47:55
Subject: Re: offsite copypool and DRM
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 12:47:55 -0500
Agreed.  Nothing good will happen if you try to do fulls, and it won't
solve your problem.

ADSM will do RECLAIMS on the partially full offsite 3590's by mounting
the ONSITE copies and creating new, full tapes for moving offsite.

DRM will change the status of the offsite (now empty) tapes to
VAULTRETRIEVE, and they should migrate back onsite regularly.

So I think you have a non-problem.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert