ADSM-L

AW: Update copygroup question

1998-02-26 08:28:50
Subject: AW: Update copygroup question
From: Orlandi Massimo <Orlandi AT ZH DOT CH>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:28:50 +0100
Jerry

Yes I totally agree too. Aditionally I think a user (or at least an
administrator) should be able to rebind an archived file to another
management class with different attributes without having to
retrieve/archive the file again. This is a functionality I really miss in
ADSM.

Another function I would like to see in the future is the ability to
produce a new archive without having to transfer all the data again through
the network. I meen there should be a option in the archive command, which
can build (directly on the server) an "archive-set" only by copying the
active backup version (if there one exists) of each choosen file. So only
files with a newer modification date than the last backup version and
files, which never have been backed up, have to be sent over. I think this
could reduce network overhead.

Massimo Orlandi
Baudirektion Kt. ZH
CH-8090 Zurich