ADSM-L

Re: Anyone have experience using Sony SDX-300 tape drives?

1998-02-25 13:29:12
Subject: Re: Anyone have experience using Sony SDX-300 tape drives?
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:29:12 -0600
Paul,

  I have not had any experience with this format.  You might try posting to
comp.arch.storage or comp.data.administration.  There are often lively
discussions of the new tape formats.  (ex. AIT vs DLT).  You might also
consider using dejanews to search the newsgroup archives for this
information.  If you find anything of interest, please share.

Dan T.

----------
> From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
> From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: Anyone have experience using Sony SDX-300 tape drives?
> Date: Tuesday, February 24, 1998 3:06 PM
>
> Does anyone have any first hand experience using Sony's SDX-300 tape
format
> with ADSM?  We have a salesman trying to sell us these and claims they're
> the best thing since sliced bread.  Never trusting salesmen, I thought
I'd