ADSM-L

HSM with ADSM V2 or V3

1998-02-25 11:08:00
Subject: HSM with ADSM V2 or V3
From: "yves.morin" <yves.morin AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:08:00 -0500
Form: Memo
Text: (28 lines follow)
Hi!

We have ADSM V2.1.5.15B running on AIX4.1.5 on a Wide node.
We use Enhenced ADSM to talk to the StorageTek NEARLINE Library and control
our TimberLine Drives.

We want to use HSM for 20 to 30 AIX servers for a total of 300 to 400 GB of
storage to Backup/Archive.

The Questions are:

        - How much Disk staging pool should we have for HSM?
        - How many tape drive do you recommend? 2,4,6,8,10,12
        - What type of setup should we use for archiving?
                -Primary STG --> Second STG (Tape) --> Third STG
                -How long should we wait before we archive a file?
                -How long should we wait before we put it on tape?

        - Anything else? We have never done this before so ...... :-)

---
Yves Morin
Yves Morin
Tel.: 514-925-7018
Email : Yves.Morin AT standardlife DOT ca

UNIX is user frendly but it's selective about who it makes friends with :-)