ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Hi,

I am implementing ADSM on VM/ESA 2.1.0 ADSM is ver 2.1, my Netware and
NT clients are all ver 3.1.

First question has to do with speed of restores/backups.
I connect to my LAN (10/100 Bay Network Hubs) via Cat 5 cables. The
mainframe (9221) has a 3172 box, with an ethernet card installed.
It is my understanding that IBM doesnt have a 100mbs card for the 3172,
my question is would installing a FDDI adaptor decrease the amount of
time it takes to do a backup/restore?
How do others handle this? Is this a bottleneck?

Second question is:, is there a way to tell before a scheduled event
takes place which tape ADSM is going to request for backup? (again, we
are running on the VM platform), the reason being is that the operators
could load the tapes in the morning, before the scheduled kick off of
tape copies *if* they knew which tape(s) ADSM was going to request, as
it is, we have to wait until ADSM *askes* for a tape.

Thanks in advance,

Ian Swartz
Seligman Data Corp.
New York, NY