ADSM-L

Newbie question

1998-02-19 17:59:21
Subject: Newbie question
From: John Hennessey <jrh133 AT PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:59:21 -0500
Hi.
        Our server is running version 3.1 AIX and i'm currently using version
3.1
win32 intel of the client applications.  My question is ... is there a way
to remotely change the password of a node that is different than the
current node you are connecting to the server as?
        for example... i'm connecting to the server as nodeA.  is there a way
from
either the GUI or the command line application to remotely change the
password of nodeB?  This is assuming I know what the password to nodeB is
originally, which I do.  I've tried using the "set password" command.  But
it only seems to work with the node you're connected as.  I couldn't find
any option to specify a different nodename.
        My reason for asking is that I don't have any administrative access to
the
server.  That's being handled in a different department.  But I do have
about 40 users that I "administer" that I would like to keep their
passwords current.  Our ADSM administrator is expiring passwords after 90
days.  So every 80 days or so I have to change their passwords to the same
password before they expire.  We currently are using the dsmc schedule
-password=notell command to start their scheduling.  Security isn't a
problem.  I just don't want to have to go around every 3 months when the
problem.  I just don't want to have to go around every 3 months when the
users change their passwords to something different and their schedulers no
longer work.
        Any idea?

-john