ADSM-L

Re: high speed connectivity to OS/390

1998-02-19 06:16:08
Subject: Re: high speed connectivity to OS/390
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 06:16:08 -0500
Koen,
what I was talking about is when the Symmetrix box is the network
replacement.

Mainframe <-Escon-- Symmetrix box <-SCSI -- HP/UX? <--SCSI<--localfile
on nonSymmetrix

The governing speed above is the slowest I/O above.  In the above, the
slowest xfer might be the nonSymmetrix file read?

Dave Sanders
Sr. Technical Consultant
Mass Mutual/The Blue Chip Co.