ADSM-L

Re: AUTOMATIC NOTIFICATION OF BACKUP/ARCHIVE EVENTS

1998-02-18 18:45:32
Subject: Re: AUTOMATIC NOTIFICATION OF BACKUP/ARCHIVE EVENTS
From: "Nicholas, Murray, Haltek/AU" <MurrayNi AT HALTEK.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:45:32 +1100
There has been considerable discussion on this list relating to
methods for monitoring ADSM consoles.  You could adapt any of those to
watch for the events in which you are interested then issue
appropriate operating system messages/commands to notify affected
parties.

When I did a similar thing on a mainframe system 7 years ago I did
make sure that I had a special email address (alias) set up to receive
all messages.  This way I only had to change the alias to add or
remove users from it rather than maintain all the scripts which might
send a message.

Murray Nicholas
IT Systems Consultant
Galeforce Information Services Pty Ltd
email:  murray AT galeforce.bu.aust DOT com