ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:01:07
we have adsm backing up our notes system without a worry. sure, it took a few
fix packs but it all works now - automatically and reliably.

we are running adsm and notes on nt4 (build 1381, service pack 3) systems on
intel boxes.

we use version 2.1 adsm server and notes-agent. i'd move to version 3, but there
appears to be a few bugs with v3 so i am happy to stay with v2 until this news
group lowers its v3 complaints.

regards
shane

David J. Gray wrote:

Guess the time has come, the first post, years of membership, but no
need to get mushy. Lotus Notes is IBM, ADSM is IBM, what the heck is
the problem and where is the speedy integrated storage management
solution? Yup, the failure to get Lotus Notes and ADSM working well
together as of today has irritated me enough that my bar of
expectations has raised. Why is this taking so long IBM? My customer
has moved to a Unix box with a tape unit and without ADSM because its
faster. One more step up the ladder and I will start listening to that
voice which seems to get louder and louder as each day passes. No
direct response is desired, what the list needs to see is a posting
about some record setting performance from the installation of phone
lines between IBM's ADSM and Lotus Notes teams.
Anyone ever notice a signature file with a quote from
some Miller guy that is missing something? Please don't
be an imbecile and only post this little tidbit to the list, as I will
put all the resources I can muster to build a case for your removal
since you CAN NOT FOLLOW very simple instructions. Hope I've not
missed something from a successful Notes plus ADSM coupling, if there
is such a beast. Remember your friends and neighbors on version 2
before ranting incessantly of the virtues of version 3. Where's the
really new and improved agent which works exponentially better to BOTH
version 2 and 3 servers?

David_J_Gray AT yahoo DOT com