ADSM-L

ADSM in a DR situation

1998-02-17 11:44:25
Subject: ADSM in a DR situation
From: Paul D Brown <pdbrown AT ASHLAND DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:44:25 -0500
I have an interesting question for ADSM in the DR arena.   I am running
ADSM  R2.1 L17 on MVS.
I take ADSM down daily long enough to get all the system files backed up
for restore at a hot site.
Restore works great and ADSM works great to get the PC/Servers recovered
from the BFS files.
My question is _ Is there a way to bring ADSM up at the hot site with a
smaller  primary STORAGE pool?
I already clean the primary STORAGE pool down to 0% via migration to BFS
files prior to the system backup.
I spend a lot of extra time backing up and restoring the very large primary
storage pool VSAM datasets that are empty.
Any ideas or experiences?
Paul Brown
PDBrown AT Ashland DOT com