ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and DB/2

1998-02-17 04:31:26
Subject: Re: ADSM and DB/2
From: Klaus-Peter Nischke <ni AT ADCON DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:31:26 +0100
> Hello to all,
>
> on the DB/2 save, you can find the option ADSM. Can anybody explain to me the
> meaning of this ?
> Is it the possibilty to directly save to an ADSM-server ?

yes, it is. You will need to setup the adsm api client via the environment
variables DSMI_CONFIG, DSMI_DIR and DSMI_LOG, and also use adsm client options
PASSWORDACCESS=GENERATE and TAPEPROMPT=NO. There is a description available
how to do this.

Shortcomings:

It is only possible to perform adsm BACKUPS (no archives) and only use the
DEFAULT MANAGEMENT CLASS (no chance to overwrite this).

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
> Norbert Gröne

Klaus-Peter Nischke, adcon GmbH, Emil-Figge Str. 85, 44227 Dortmund, Germany