ADSM-L

registary and win95 restore?

1998-02-16 15:06:19
Subject: registary and win95 restore?
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:06:19 -0600
How does one go about restoring the registry to Win95
with client ver 3.1?

I have done bare metal restores with win95 client v2.1 a few
times before where I installed win95 to a WINTEMP directory.
Then I boot up under WINTEMP and restore my old WINDOWS
directory.  After restore, I simply reboot to come up under
my restored WINDOWS directory.

I have just tried this with win95 client v3.1 and I can't do the same
trick.  After a complete restore now, it still boots up under WINTEMP.

Am I doing something wrong with ADSM client 3.1 for windows?

I notice I am excluding the default files from ver 3.1 (IO.SYS..etc,)
Should I include those?

I can't believe it used to work with the old client 2.1 and not the newer
3.1.

Can someone through me a clue?  And what happen to the RedBooks
online?  They seemed to have disappeared.

Thanks, Ben