ADSM-L

Re: Collocation question... -Reply

1998-02-12 10:09:02
Subject: Re: Collocation question... -Reply
From: Marco Bartolucci <marco AT CAE DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:09:02 -0500
         I agree with Wanda but if you like to know the command to collocate
data
within a tape pool it's     "MOVE DATA  tape#".  If you do not specify a storage
pool it will default to the storage pool that this tape is part of.  I have used
this in the past and it does work.

Marco Bartolucci                                Tel:  (514) 341-2000 ex 3159
Systems Integrator                              Fax:  (514) 340-5489
CAE Computer Center                             E-mail:  marco AT cae DOT ca

CAE Electronics Ltd.
8585 Cote de Liesse
St. Laurent, Que, Can.
H4L 4X4

>>> "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU> 02/09/98 12:12pm

Anytime the data gets written again, it will be collocated.
So if your tape pool turns over fairly often due to reclaims, you could
just leave it alone for a while and let the reclaims do the work!