ADSM-L

ADSM for VM and DSMEXIT1

1998-02-11 08:57:38
Subject: ADSM for VM and DSMEXIT1
From: "Frank M. Ramaekers Jr." <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 07:57:38 -0600
Is there a way to see if the attached tape drive has a write ring in it?

I'm using DSMEXIT1 and EPIC/CMS for tape management.  The only problem is
that I have no way to specify that the tape must have write ring in it.  So
the operator keeps mounting the same tape, and ADSM keeps unloading it
because it doesn't have a write ring in it.

Thanks,
Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."