ADSM-L

Offsite -tape devices- ??

1998-02-10 07:42:00
Subject: Offsite -tape devices- ??
From: Allen S. Rout <asr AT CORNPONE.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 12:42 PM
Greetings, all.

I have several sets of backup needs which seem to be best served by using a
physically remote tape device.

One is a unit on our (University) campus that needs regular offsites to be
carried to another city.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to write them to a
tape
that lives at their facility.

The other possibility is our systemwide offsites.  I'd really prefer to
write
our offsites to a physically remote but well-connected robot at a different
installation.  We could "trade offsite pools", giving them a hundred or so
tapes in our robot, and vice versa.

Has anyone got any experience working with similar issues?

:) I'd also like to be able to write stuff to the tape on my desk, but
that's
just lazyness...

Hmmm.. ADSM 2.1, on an SP wide node.  We'll be upgrading to V3 Real Soon
Now,
I Swear.

Allen S. Rout
NERDC Unix Type.