ADSM-L

Re: ADSM alternatives?

1998-02-10 13:41:21
Subject: Re: ADSM alternatives?
From: "Moir,Betsy" <Betsy.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:41:21 -0600
"Does the playing field change" is a valid consideration.  Over the years,
though, although we haven't actively pursued investigating other products, we
hear about them (and, of course, the sales people are STILL calling) and
there hasn't been anything to make us stand up and do a double take, yet.  By
the same token, IBM has been doing a great job of upgrading, improving,
adding functionality, etc.  Another consideration is that we now have an
entire infrastructure developed based on ADSM as the backup solution.  A
product would have to be outstandingly better than ADSM to convince us of the
advisability of going through the painful and expensive process of migrating
to another system.

Like all things, it's a balancing act, and at this point we haven't found
another product that made us feel we wanted to jump through the changeover
hoops.  Technology changes so rapidly these days, we could make a career
position of researching and testing new or improved current products.  We're
very happy with ADSM - It's not perfect, but what is?

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 02/10/98 12:17:50 PM