ADSM-L

Re: db sizing

1998-02-10 08:38:30
Subject: Re: db sizing
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:38:30 -0600
Ann,

First, make certain our expiration is running and completing without any
problems.  A tape with problems can stop expiration every day and your DB
will balloon up.

To see which client(s) are hogging the all the storage, do a query
occupancy.  This will break down the amount of data stored and amount of
files stored for each client.  The amount of files will tell you how many
DB records they are running.  We ran this and found a client who was
running an archive daily.  We were happy to serve them, but when we pointed
out that any excessive storage requirements may be charged to their
project, their requirements changed rapidly.

Are you v2 or v3.  V3 should help, I am led to believe.

Dan T.