ADSM-L

Large Sites

1998-02-09 21:41:59
Subject: Large Sites
From: "DeMamiel, Laurie L.R." <Laurie.DeMamiel AT WOODSIDE.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:41:59 +0800
We have had ADSM in place for 12 months now and working well in my
opinion. We are currently running version 2.1 on a OS/390 server. We
service an environmnet of about 2.5 tb, consisting of NT, Solaris, AIX,
SGI clients. We had plans to migrate from OS/390 to an AIX server
sometime this year.As other applications that we have on OS/390 are and
will be moved to AIX,  we can't keep OS/390 just for ADSM.
However a study has been commissioned by Mgt in the company I work for
and they are reviewing other solutions.
One concern expressed by those who doubt ADSM, is how scalable it is. We
are planning to have an environment of 7tb by the end of this year and
there is concerns that we would not be able to service that with ADSM ,
either version 2 or 3.

My questions are:
Are there sites out there that are larger than 7tb ? If so how large ?
What setup do you have to service that environment ie server, network,
etc.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie de Mamiel